Forsvarets neste langtidsplan
Perspektiver fra utlandet
Seminar om det norske forsvarets langstidsplan med blant annet forsvarsminister 𝗙𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝗕𝗮𝗸𝗸𝗲-𝗝𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗲𝗻.
Arrangementet foregår på engelsk.
Mer om arrangementet:
The Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies invites to the third seminar on the processes leading up to the parliamentary approval of long-term defence plans tend to spur public interest in and debate about the Norwegian Armed Forces. This is hardly surprising – just as it is not surprising that these debates are dominated by Norwegians.
- But how do Norway’s allies and partners view Norwegian security policy, and Norway’s contributions to NATO and international security?
- How is the development of the Norwegian Armed Forces perceived abroad?
- What challenges and opportunities do informed outsiders consider the most important for Norway?
These are questions we’ve asked some prominent foreign experts and representatives to address at the seminar.
Defence Minister 𝗙𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝗕𝗮𝗸𝗸𝗲-𝗝𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗲𝗻, Norway
- Ambassador 𝗞𝗲𝗻𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗵 𝗕𝗿𝗮𝗶𝘁𝗵𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘁𝗲, USA
- Special Adviser 𝗗𝗶𝗲𝗴𝗼 𝗥𝘂𝗶𝘇 𝗣𝗮𝗹𝗺𝗲𝗿, NATO Headquarters
- Deputy for Defence Policy and Strategic Foresight 𝗘𝘁𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗻𝗲 𝗱𝗲 𝗗𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱, Directorate General for International Relations and Strategy (DGRIS), Ministry of Defence, France
- David Ochmanek, senior researcher at the RAND Corporation
Associate Professor 𝗔𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗥𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗺, Head of Centre for International Security, Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies
We have yet to confirm the names of the panel experts. Confirmed names will be announced successively on the event page and in social media.
Attendance is open and free of charge, but online pre-registration is required.
𝗥𝗲𝗴𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝟴.𝟯𝟬, 𝗹𝘂𝗻𝗰𝗵 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝟭𝟮.𝟬𝟬. ID card is required for the registration.
The event will bed live streamed here.