Human Rights – That’s so Gay!
Do we have to stop hunger and eradicate malaria before ensuring gay equality?
Skeiv Ungdom and Gay and Lesbian Coalition of Kenya invite you to the House of Literature (Litteraturhuset) for a panel discussion on lgbt (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender), human rights and development aid.
How can human rights be ensured for all people, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity?
Do today’s international development projects reach out to lgbt persons and other minority groups?
What are the experiences and challenges of including an lgbt perspecive in the fields of human rights and development aid?
These are some of the points that the panel is going to discuss.
The panel consists of:
• Cathrine Halsaa, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• Patricia Kaatee, Amnesty International Norway
• Markus Aksland, Save the Children Norway
• Ragnhild Therese Nordvik, SAIH (Students’ and Academics’ International Assistance Fund)
• Jan-Bjarne Sødal, LLH (the Norwegian LGBT Organisation)
The discussion will be held in English.
We look forward to see you there. Welcome!
If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact Vilde Kristiane at vilde[a]skeivungdom.no or (+47)93445363.