Politics, not Charity
Debattmøte om kapitalflukt
25 citizens from six resource-rich African countries have come to Norway to demand politics to stop capital flight from their countries, rather than charitable donations.
Part 1 “List of Demands” – politics to prevent capital flight
12.00-12.10 Welcome by Mona Thowsen, Secretary General of PWYP Norway.
12.10-12.25 Presentations by two of the African delegates: Abena Afari (Christian Aid Ghana) and Winnie Ngabiirwe (PWYP Uganda).
12.25-12.50 Investors for an extended country-by-country reporting. Heidi Finskas, KLP.
12.50-13.20 Presentation of PWYP Norway’s new report on windfall taxes. Frian Aarsnes, public accountant and chairman of PWYP Norge.
Part 2 “Is there a will for transparency solutions”?
13.40-14.15 Each panel member has a 5-minute appeal.
14.15-15.00 Moderated panel discussion. Moderator: Ingerid Salvesen.
The panel consists of:
* Jose Correia Nunes, Head of Economic Governance and Budget Support in the European Commission.
* Hans Olav Syversen, Member of Parliament (KrF).
* Bård Vegar Solhjell, Member of Parliament (SV).
* Hilde Red, Principal Consultant Sustainability, Statoil.
* Inger Coll, head of Norwegian Economic Forum.