How to become a Startup?
Workshop on Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Immigrants are facing some common challenges in their working life. One of the biggest challenges is how to enter working life as a worker into an organization or as an entrepreneur to start up their own businesses. For the later, it’s needed to learn more about business cultures, applicable laws, and regulations, in addition to network building, communication skills and new competences development to success in Norway. This workshop will be addressed on the issues of business ideas and communication skills for startups.
Chinese Professional in Norway (CPN) is one immigrant organization that has through previously work built up a strong competence in helping immigrants with job search,understanding the work/business culture and developing ideas for entrepreneurship. CPN also has through its highly educated members a broad contact network in the Norwegiansociety, in addition to close cooperation with other immigrant organizations and the public sector that manages instruments for innovation.
The workshop is financed by the Oslo Kommune, free of charge and will be held in English. All attendees must register online. The deadline for registration is 30th November. Please contact Qitao Gan for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org and mobile 902 66 259.
– 17:00 – 17:30 Dinner and networking
– 17:30 – 17:40 Qitao Gan, Vice-president CPN, Welcome and Introduction to CPN
– 17:40 – 18:25 Keynote speech: Truls Berg, CEO & Founding Partner, The quest for digital Insight and innovation success
– 18:25 – 18:35 Coffee/Tea break
– 18:35 – 18:50 Dr. Weiqing Zhang, Vice-president for Innovation and Technology CPN, Public funding for innovation and Startups in Norway
– 18:50 – 19:25 Experience sharing: Dr. Jie Xiang, CEO DinCare AS, Small business survival in Norway
– 19:25 – 19:55 Group discussion and presentations
– 19:55 – 20:00 Closing remarks
Welcome you to the workshop with your experiences and questions!